Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I touch on the phone icon the screen is extremely

When I touch on...

When I touch on the phone icon the screen is extremely blurred. It happened after I blocked a caller. How do I correct the problem?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

It's an iPhone 6S, bought last year.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I happened Thursday. Have gone thru settings but can't find one appropriate

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. Thanks

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

When touching any other icon does it make the screen "blurred" or is it just the phone app? I just want to make sure.

First I would try and do the following which is a force restart:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

If that does not work and you still experience the same issue, you can try and update the iphone which doesn't just update it but it reinstalls the iOS which is the operating system of the phone. You will need to plug in your phone into your computer and open itunes. Here are the steps:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. This will put your phone into recovery mode. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

It was just on the phone app. I did the force restart & it appears to be fine now. Thanks!

Perfect, I am glad to hear it! Enjoy! Please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help. Take care.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast