Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a message from my call yesterday "go to

Customer Question
I have a message...

I have a message from my call yesterday "go to apple.com/recover and enter your Apple ID to get started"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

They were bathed wiped and need to be reset along with Keychain and iCloud account.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I would like an appointment at the App[le Store near me in Providence, RI at the mall. I cannot do what the message is asking!!!!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2014, I worked with a tech last evening for about 2 hours.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am older and not computer savvy. I also am hearing impaired.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to login to the apple account and you are getting a message to recover the apple ID. If that is right, I can help you recovering the apple ID. Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you