Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to log in to a used iPad 2. it is already set to…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to log in to a used iPad 2. it is already set to enter password, but not connected to my wifi, How can I sign in?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?

No, How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NO, my iPad "bit the dust" and someone gave me an iPad2 that she did not use

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I have the original book for this pad, but it starting with a new pad. As I said, this one, when I turn on, goes to sign in, but I have not connected to my network

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I'll need to ask a few questions in order to best help you. Is it asking for a "lock-screen" passcode (either 4 or 6 digits) or is it actually asking for a password ***** an Apple account? Did your friend remove it from their icloud account and reset it to factory settings before giving it to you? If not, I can provide information on a "hard reset" but you will still need to be able to logon with the original Apple account that it was last registered to, if it is "icloud locked"

Also, I thought it was $5, but then it says $40 if that is the price cancel all answers. I cannot pay more than &5

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.

Mike, Mac Medic