Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can not get my computer to turn on. IMac model #A1418.

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get my computer to turn on

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

IMac model #A1418

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None I can't turn it on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am not a computer nerd and I am on old fart

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First we have to start with the easiest things and work our way down. Here is a list to try:

1. Verify that you have a good connection from your Mac to the wall outlet by confirming the power cord and adapter are securely connected and plugged in. To check if the wall outlet is working, plug in a lamp or other electrical device.
  2. If the wall outlet is working and you continue to have no power, try another power cord or adapter, if available.
  3. Disconnect all accessories that are plugged in to your Mac. This includes things like printers, USB hubs, or mobile devices.
  4. Hold down the power button for ten seconds. Then press the power button again to see if the Mac turns on.
  5. Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately hold down these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Keep holding the keys for about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart. (If you have a Mac that plays a startup sound when you turn it on, you can release the keys after the second startup sound.)

Let me know if any of these work for you. Sorry I know there is a lot but take your time and one at a time.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast