Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I updated my iPhone and to complete process I need to type…

Customer Question
I updated my iPhone...

I updated my iPhone and to complete process I need to type in my password. I forgot my password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

A while ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, yesterday, but when they asked for a passwords it was incorrect. I tried two other passwords and was locked out and they said I would have to enter a password ***** the numerical screen. Obviously I don't know that one either and cannot unlock phone. I do have a portal password ***** dob

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nt know what that is used for. You can see I'm not iPhone save.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I need help. Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Your Apple id and password ***** used for all Apple products including iTunes, andiCloud. Your ID is usually an email address. Please go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. Choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions"whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

Please give that a try and let me know the results. Thank you!