Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I HAVE i5 PHONE THAT I FORGOT THE APPLE PASSWORD AND NOW IT

Customer Question
I HAVE i5 PHONE THAT...
I HAVE i5 PHONE THAT I FORGOT THE APPLE PASSWORD ***** NOW IT IS LOCKED AND CANT DO ANYTHING WITH IT
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: MAYBE 3 YEARS AGO
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: I DONT HAVE A NUMBER FOR IT OTHER THAN ITS AN I5
JA: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: MY EMPLOYER PURCHASED IT FOR ME ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO. I HAVE TRIED THE PASSWORD ***** BUT IT WAS NO HELP. I COULDNT SEE THE TEXT THEY SENT TO MY PHONE BECAUSE OF BEING LOCKED OUT
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Mac
11/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 29 days ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Just to clarify, do you have a lock screen code that you needs to enter on the phone to open it? If so, that's different from the password ***** your Apple account. If it's a lock screen code, we'll need to reset the phone to factory settings and then set it up again using your Apple account id and password. Please advise.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
its the apple password ***** forgot
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
no thank you

Ok. Thank you for that information. It sounds as though

you are seeing automated offers for additional services such as phone calls and remote sessions from the site. These offers are not from me. They are automatically generated by the website. I understand that you are not interested in them.That is ok. As I mentioned previously, I don't have the ability to remotely connect to an iPad anyway. Please feel free to ignore them. I am committed to working with you through chat, right here, until your problem has been resolved.

Since you can't see the text that Apple is sending to you, we'll have to try getting a code through alternate means. Please go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. Try choosing to have a code sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions"whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

If that doesn't work for you, you can also call1-***-***-****. If you can provide enough personal info (including full name on account, billing address, and possibly billing info) they can help you with regaining access to your account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. Please note that it may be a bot more complicated if your employer set it up and paid the bill.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I DIDNT SEE A PLACE TO OPT FOR AN EMAIL ON THAT PAGE

You may not have set up an alternate email or security questions when you originally setup the account ( or when your employer set it up for you). If you had, when you click on FORGOT password ***** enter your email address then click next, you'd see options for the following:

1. Answer security questions"
  2. "Get an email."

If you don't see those options, you'll need to call -***-***-****. If you can provide enough personal info (including full name on account,billing address, and possibly billing info) they can help you with regaining access to your account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Mike, Mac Medic