Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I accidentally erased all content and settings from my son's…

I accidentally erased all...

I accidentally erased all content and settings from my son's iPhone. i am trying to restore it from his iCloud backup but when it trys to send a verification code i can't receive it because the phone is in set up mode!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Im not sure i just bought it iPhone 8

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tonight i bought it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm daft at this stuff!

11/17/2017
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To clarify, the issue is you cannot sign into your Apple ID in order to access your iCloud backup correct?

Please let me know

Thank you

The new phone is asking for a verification code. But I am not receiving the code on my ‘trusted device.’ I think because I am in set up mode, so I can’t receive it?

Thanks

Can you tell me the email address for the Apple ID please?

Thank you

What is the phone number ending in 42?

Can you provide a working phone number that you now have access to please

310) 971 - 7755

Tell me the verification code you received on that phone just now please

849057

ok, we were too slow sorry and it timed out, can you give me a phone number to call you (land line) and we can do this over the phone

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
303) 840 - 7898
Richard,
It has been 4 days and I still have not heard from Apple.
Please advise.
Thank you,
Kate

ok, you will have to then go into a store sorry, with ID, and do it this way, as they have then rejected or lost your online request