Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad was given to me by someone who can't remember what…

Hi, my iPad was...

Hi, my iPad was given to me by someone who can't remember what password ***** used to even what their apple is. It should be either popolvuh666 or phineascrow but I have no idea what the password ***** be. Also, I cannot seemed to stay signed in to my account without having to restyle itin every single time I close a page.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

No idea...I can't see it on the pad itself. Please forgive me. I'm fairly special needs when it comes to tech stuff

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I didn't purchase it. My friend had it before he gave it to me but I don't know how long he had it before that. I tried to change the password ***** myself but everytime I got a code it would be no use when I entered it in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that should do it for now. Thanks

11/17/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you, Jon.

Ipad's can be locked by a "passcode" (4 to 6 digit) number or can be locked with an apple id and password. Are you sure its the apple id and password?

Honestly, I'm not sure of anything except that it won't accept one or the other.. to sure which. I'm honestly pretty hopeles with tech Polly so I apologize in advance for that. I believe the Apple ID should either be under the prefix of popohvuh666 or phineascrow (that is mine)
hopeless at typing as well. Geez

We can always bypass the passcode but its the apple id and password ***** is not so easy so we should focus on that issue first. What screen does the ipad show right now?

It's asking if I want remote assistance. My opening screen is just icons. Sorry, I'm really, really bad at this

Its ok. Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Just focus on your ipad for now, what is on the ipad screen? Is it on the activation screen? or is it asking for something?

I'm not sure what you mean by activation screen....the page that shows up when I first press the 'on' button? Just icons, no questions. Or do you mean when I try to sign to YouTube or what have you

OK no problem. So I saw that you mentioned that you are at the main screen where the icons are located. That means you are able to get into the ipad which is good, however how do you get to the part where you need the apple id and password. Where were you going on the ipad to make this happen?

Ok..so my main problem right now is that I can't get in to MEssenger..when I try it asks me for my apple I'd and password ***** when I type in everything that he might have used or I might have tried in the past I can't get past it.it says imessage and then it asks for the aforementioned info. I can sign in to YouTube with the email address***@******.*** and pasword phineascrow but I can't stay signed in and then there is the iMessage her issue which I cannot use at all although i could before. I think it wants the password ***** because I tried and failed too many times. I hope I'm being clear
Thank you so much, I know that my ineptness is making this harder than it has to be

Oh your fine no problem. I just really want to help, its ok. So first if I got this right your account is called "*****@******.***" correct?

Well I think so...it is for YouTube but maybe not necessarily for the Apple ID itself.

OK no that is not an apple id I just checked. OK so that means do you know if you have an apple id or did you just want to create one?

I know it comes up with your friends account but we will get to that in a minute. I am just learning about you first is all.

It doesn't specify whether it is the I'd or the password ***** ***** only that one or bothe is wrong...when I try to use imessage
Um, I'd like to create anew one unless it renders other things bs no longer accessible, like textplus, for instance, which I can still use.

I know but no matter what we either have to know if you already have an apple id account or not. If not we need you to create one in a little bit. So do you think you have an apple id for yourself?

oh ok sorry cancel my last message

I thought I did but I suppose not because it would likely be under the popolvuh or phineascrow

Lets see what the ipad is using currently. On the ipad please do the following:

1. Go to settings
  2. Then at the top of settings, there should be a name at the very top. Is this your name or your friends?
It's u dee his..Lawrence Levy
It's under his..sorry some of my key letters stick
It's says Icloud***@******.*** and store***@******.***

No problem, ok so what we need to do is the following:

• go back to settings
  • Touch the name at the top
  • scroll all the way down to the bottom of that screen and touch "sign out"
  • What is the apple id that it display's?
It says I'm currently signed in under two accounts and is asking if I want to sign out of iCloud, the iTunes Store or both. Shall I sign out of iCloud..that is the main one
I will probably never use iTunes.

but does it show the apple id account that is signed in?

It does not

after you hit sign out it should show an apple id account if it does not say yes to sign out of everything then hopefully it will show an apple id account after that?

Just what I mentioned earlier , the popolvuh under iCloud. I presume that must be it?
Ok, yes. It is***@******.***

Yay, ok thats what I was hoping and that is the previous users account correct?

I also signed out of iTunes but it just signed me out directly without asking for any info
I had to sign out of ea h separately

and its not asking for any passwords?

When I signed out of icloud it did ask ( But,of course, I don't have it). It did not ask for a password ***** itunes

OK then that is what we need or we can not continue. Therefore here is what needs to happen. Are you able to be in contact with that person if need be?

but he doesn't recall it. I just tried one I thought it might be and now it's asking me for a phone number so I can get a verification code. Ishouldn' t have done that...sorry! One other password ***** might use is just popolvuh without the rest of the email address
I live with him so he's readily available to ask for info. The iPad was given to him first from other friends of ours if nec. They are contactable

ask them if they have access to a phone number that ends in 72. If so what is the full phone number?

‎(•••) •••-••72

Well his and my phone number is(###) ###-####

your gonna get a phone call. PLease let me know the verification number

214 282

OK good news!....

You got it!?

I was able to reset it to something generic now which they can change at a latter time.

Currently it is Changeme1! (Yes that is a capital C and a number 1 and an exclamation mark)

Due to Apple's password ***** this was the easiest I could do. But like I said after we fix your issue they can change their password ***** I will explain how later

So now please try and sign out of the***@******.*** account and use that password ***** gave you.

Ok...so shall I go ahead and enter that one now?

yes

Done. It asked if I'd like to keep a copy of Safari and my contacts and clicked their tabs to the right for 'yes'
Otherwise, it's just asking me to cancel or sign out

Yes sign out don't save anything as it would be their info anyways.

OK so now the phone should be signed out of the account https://appleid.apple.com/account so therefore now you need to create your own apple id and then sign in to the ipad with your account once you are done.

I can not make it for you as you will need to create security questions for your self.

You need to go to https://appleid.apple.com/account

I should just sign out and enter the new info?

You only have to create a new one because you mentioned you don't know if you have an apple id already created or not so I assume you need to create one.

Like I said once you are done creating your apple id you can sign into the ipad and everything will then work like you want it to with your account and not the previous account. That was the entire problem :)

Then the person that uses the apple id of***@******.*** needs to go to the website https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in with the apple id***@******.*** and password Changeme1!

Then on the same website under the "security" section you will see under password "change password" click this so you can change the password ***** all will be good for that person.

Are you ok with the instructions so far, are you in the process of creating your own apple id right now? Let me know when you done and sign into your ipad with the account you just created.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Thanks

Sorry Jon. I was just able to get the new info now. its mailing to my email which is on another computer. sigh. I will give your instructions a try

When creating the new apple id account what email did you use for yourself?

Im trying to use the phineascrow one but its says its already in use. i have no other email I can use
At this point I'd be willing to do the remote assistance if that is still feasable.
are you still there?

Yes I am still here. We would have to do the same thing for what we did for the other users apple id account and try and reset the password ***** yours.

OK check your***@******.*** email for an apple reset password *****

It should be in your inbox or spam/junk folder. Click the link and follow the instructions to reset the password.

Let me know when you get the email

I got it but it asked me for the password ***** but the session has timed out
I'm really sorry. I can only imagine you're at least as frustrated as I am right now.

Its all good. I will send another one sec.

OK please check

Thanks Jon...I;m sorry for the frustration. I will rate you very high

Your welcome. I would appreciate that thank you :)

missed your last two answers. im on it

ok

ok...ive changed my phineascrow password

YAY! So now you can sign into the ipad with***@******.*** and your new password. You can do this in the same place you went to sign out the other user like you did earlier.

the problem with the other user sign out page is that it wont accept Changeme!1 anymore and I didn't see a new password

I thought we already signed out of that account on the ipad?

Make sure its Changeme1! and it has the capital "C" and the number "1" in front of the exclamation mark.

Changeme1!

it wont let me back to the pAGE i WAS ON WITH YOU NOW WITHOUT THE PASSWORD ***** ID but it will not accept any of them. Sorry...that was accidental caps.I honestly dont even know anymore

It's ok were almost at the finish line...what are you currently trying to do right now?

embarresed..had the ! and the 1 backwords. that worked

OK good. Now is the ipad completely signed out of the old account?

that wasn't ok good that you feel embarrassed....that was ok good that it worked. Don't feel embarrassed.

Were almost there. Your doing good!

If you are signed out of all the old account, you should then be able to sign in wit all your new apple id account information. Take your time your almost home free :)

ok. Im still trying to finish up there.
its saying the password ***** ***** it still want the changeme password?
I was trying to give it the new one I created for the new account

No you should be signing in with your new apple id***@******.*** and whatever password ***** chose.

you probably had to do capital letters and use numbers so its ok just go slow and make sure. The ipad is hard to type on trust me i know.

but im still trying to sign out of the old users account

if your trying to sign out of the old then yes it is Changeme1! I thought you mentioned you were able to sign out of it already as you had the 1 and the ! backwards?

what apple id is it showing, is it showing the***@******.*** account still?

ok...we must have then, so i just signed into to the ipad with the new id and password ***** its asking if I want to merge with icloud
im just going to say yes. will it stay signed in now even if I close a page?r
on youtube or whatever?

Yes icloud is fine.

ok, so im able to use messenger now. THANK YOU!!!!!You are aprince amoung men to be so patient!

YAY! Thank you for that. I am just glad your working now.

See you did it! Please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

So I just want to make sure are you all good now?

im still just trying to see if it woll stay signed in or if i will have to sign in everytime i do something new.

the ipad will stay signed in within the settings area where you signed into the phone if that is what you mean.

The ipad will not sign out on its own as like you did before you would have to purposely sign out for that to happen

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
you know what...I'll figure tht out later. You will be getting the highest rating possible for being so amazing!!

OK as long as your good. Well thank you for that, thanks for hanging in there with all this I know it can be frustrating but technology is what it is. As long as you try its all good :) Take care.

Thanks again SO MUCH!!!