Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My computer did an update this morning and now I can’t get…

Customer Question
My computer did an...

My computer did an update this morning and now I can’t get it to start up. I get a black screen with a message the says it restarted due to a problem then attempts to start and goes to another screen with a bunch of encrypted code it looks like

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I wish I could tell you but I don’t remember- do you have record of it in the system

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I’m looking now

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I purchased it about one year ago and the only thing we tried was to shut off and back on - cant get in to do anything further

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all I have at the moment I think the update we did this morning was for the 11 update

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Wasn't clear above...is this a Mac or a PC?

Mike, Mac Medic