Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Hallo. My new iPad is posting a message that is blocking me…

Customer Question
Hallo. My new iPad...

Hallo. My new iPad is posting a message that is blocking me from doing anything: it says "Enter the password ***** your Apple ID "*****@******.***". Alexa is my daughter; she doesn't use hotmail anymore and doesn't remember the PW. Moreover, Apple tells me that the email address is not an Apple ID. How do I get rid of it? (I have already deleted all the data and reloaded from my old iPad).

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

IOS 11

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Two days ago. I have, as said, deleted and reloaded the entire data contents. I've turned the iPad off and on again, and I've followed the prompts by entering a false PW in the hope that it will direct me to be able to re-enter a new one, but instead - after five tries - it then says, "thisi s not an Apple ID

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris