Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just days ago, I purchased from Apple a new MacBook Pro.

Customer Question
Just days ago, I...

Just days ago, I purchased from Apple a new MacBook Pro. Apple performed a "Data Transfer" from my old MacBook, but I lost Excel and Word. The Apple people told me that Microsoft would transfer Excel and Word to my new computer.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Serial Number: C02V5XVHHV29

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

MacOS Sierra, 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, no updates. MacBook Pro (13 in, 2017, TwoThunderbolt, 3 ports

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that it's a brand new MacBookPro! Please let me know if you can bring back Word and Excel. I use them all the time.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 5 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

will you be helping to up load Excel and Word??

As a former Apple Employee I can say it is unlikely that they told you that Microsoft would do that and more likely that Microsoft is who you should work with the resolve this. With that being said this is not Microsoft. You will need to talk to them and not us. We are Justanswer.com

This is Microsoft's number: 1(###) ###-####/p>

There is nothing wrong with this new computer. Thanks for clarifying. I will explore other options. I assume I do not owe your firm any money.

You came here for an answer. I gave you that answer. It is your call to rate or not rate the services received.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius