Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need an replacement battery for an IPOD 5 TH GENRERATION…

Customer Question
I need an replacement...

I need an replacement battery for an IPOD 5 TH GENRERATION TOUCH 8GB

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

The unit is died so i can not tell.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None , i purchased it from ebay.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The number on the back on the unit is BESD-53 above the title ipod #05

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That battery (and in some cases, tools to install it into your iPod 5th Gen. with) can be had from various vendors:

https://www.staples.com/ultralast-3-7-volt-lithium-ion-mp3-player-battery-for-apple-ipod-touch-5-pda-394li/product_24062877?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:24062877&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=24062877&KPID=24062877&cvosrc=PLA.google-SALES.Cleaning%20Supplies%20%26%20Facilities%20Maintenance&cvo_crid=226784367492&cvo_campaign=954914104&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkPGg_I7E1wIV0bfACh1VYwjJEAQYASABEgJo7_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

or

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPod/iPod-Touch-5th-Gen-Replacement-Battery/IF119-001-2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkPGg_I7E1wIV0bfACh1VYwjJEAQYAiABEgI4cfD_BwE

(only $10 but no tools)

or

https://www.ebay.com/i/172942665230?chn=ps&dispctrl=1

(only $6, free shipping, with tools apparently).

- If this answers your question, would you be willing to rate my answer?

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)