Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had to change my email and cannot get into my iPad. Where…

Customer Question
I had to change...

I had to change my email and cannot get into my iPad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Maybe two years ago??? Haven’t troubleshooted at all...cant get in any where

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether your iPad is locked or you do you get any message say Disabled?

No

Are you able to access any browser in the iPad? The reason why I am asking is we can try to reset the apple ID password.

I can access the Internet. All I want to know is how to reset my email

It sounds like you are unable to get in to the iPad and it is asking for Apple username and passowrd. Your Apple ID is normally your email address. Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

That’s the problem! My email was hacked...I have had to change it and i can’t find the way to do that on my iPad!

Could you please tell me what is the domain of your email like Yahoo, gmail, outlook? So that we can try to reset that mail to reset your apple account.

I am going to unsubscribe....you have not helped me