Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Apple iPod Activation lock. Think Apple ID is but don't know

Customer Question
Apple iPod Activation lock....
Apple iPod Activation lock. Think Apple ID is***@******.*** but don't know password? What help can you provide? Thank you.
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: When activated, been ignoring all other requests as being ????
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I believe updates have been installed but don't know how recently.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, don't understand, not very computer literate. Dumb it down for me please.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so. Thank you, ***** ***** nice day. Blessings.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
11/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 month ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After one or two false starts it is completed and the iPod is working. Thank you and have a Blessed day.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer