Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a font that won't load in Quark - but it loads in all…

Customer Question
I have a font...

I have a font that won't load in Quark - but it loads in all of the other programs. What do you recommend?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

I'm using a Mac, 10.13.1 High Sierra and my Quark is 2017

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No - not for Quark or for my font program, FontExplorer Xpro

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The font is a true type font

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 8 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with the font issue.

I would like to know if you loaded this font in all of the font locations for a MAC.

1. "User:/Library/Fonts - this is per user

2. /Library/Fonts - this is recommended for all software programs

3. /Network/Library/Fonts - This is for network users

4. /System/Library/Fonts - this is for system use and displays

5. /System Folder/Fonts - This is for classic programs from OSX v10.4 and earlier but all classic programs can access the fonts in this folder.

I hope this solves your issue - if so please rate me 5 stars, if not please let me know what else is needed to assist you

Hi Richard,
I have used this font and it worked perfectly until this week. All of my programs are new, there aren't any classic ones on my Mac. I have the font in the above places on my Mac. Can you help walk me through a font cache dump in Quark please? Do you think that would help?
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Download FontNuke this will clear your font cache then restart. You don't want to duplicate the font in multiple locations. Let me know if that works.

Good morning, I tried to use FontNuke but my computer won't let me use it - the message given is that this is a font created by an unidentified developer. Do you have another method for me to try?
Sorry I meant to say "program" not font

Sorry try again just go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy, select the General tab then at the bottom on the right click on Open Anyway.

I can help you by remote and fix all of this.