Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My laptop was stolen. I need to reinstall Microsoft Office.

Customer Question
My laptop was stolen...

My laptop was stolen. I need to reinstall Microsoft Office. Unable to do it on my new computer. Please advise.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Mac Book Air

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook?

Mac OS Sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just bought this new one a few days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Time Machine reinstalled Microsoft office in my new computer. I just need to get it started. I can't type on Word

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Perhaps you’re answering someone else’s question
My laptop was stolen a few days ago. Time machine on my new MacBook Air reinstalled my Microsoft suite. It won’t let me type in Word
Hi Kris,Will you be responding to my question?
Hi
Kris isn’t responding to me. Can someone help me re my earlier question
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

So you were able to get office for mac installed on your new macbook via time machine but when you open Microsoft word, you are not able to type? When you say that, does that mean something is blocking the typing area of Microsoft word or does that mean when you actually try and type on your keyboard within the blank typing area of Microsoft word, nothing happens. Almost like the keyboard does not work?

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .