Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My ipad is on but the screen remains blank and i am unable

Hi my ipad is on...
Hi my ipad is on but the screen remains blank and i am unable to turn the ipad off or change the screen. When i press the on button the screen flashes for a moment but that is all.it was working fine this morning and i was on facebook messenger when the screen went blank. thank you Elspeth
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?
Customer: it is wi fi and i am at home with optus
JA: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it is 4 years old and i have tried to turn it off but am unable to get any response
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/15/2017
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your iPad and while it is plugged in..

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart.

Does it work after the forced restart?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
hank you so much! yes it has
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
it is working now and thank you

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Mac Support
Josh, Mac Support