Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I went to Mapquest earlier & now when i open Safari, it is…

Customer Question
I went to Mapquest...

I went to Mapquest earlier & now when i open Safari, it is there for just a split second & changes to search.yourmapsnow.com & i can't get rid of it.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

The new High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Rebooting. In the past, I have been instructed to reinstall my OSX through System Utilities & i was wondering if I could do that & not lose anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to get rid of this. It is upsetting that it did that just because i went to Mapquest. I'll never go there again!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 8 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Can I connect to your computer to fix the issue?

i guess. I didn't know it was going to take $25-$30 from me. I'm disabled & this crap came up when I went to Mapquest.

Yes, this is a paid service.

I can’t afford this!
Forget it. I want my money back or I’m reporting you people. First I get a f**ked up browser coming on my mac, then I thought I was talking to Apple support & they have helped me free of charge.

You can call our customer service at 1-***-***-****

No!!!! Do not charge me. I’m calling Apple Support.