Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am entering a JPG of my painting. It needs to be 300DPL an…

Customer Question
I am entering...

I am entering a JPG of my painting. It needs to be 300DPL an a minimum of 1800pixels on the longer side. It is a jg at 3.jpg full size render will it be correct?:

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I am on a Mac os x version 10.6.8 .

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

My question is will a full size Render .jpg at 3.jpg be be correct for 3.5MB with a resolutioin of 300DPI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It the slide should be a resolution of 300DPI with a Minimum of 1800 pixels on the longer side.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

I am assuming that you took a picture of your painting with a camera or your phone camera and are now trying to submit it online or something to that affect but the website may only allow a specific DPI and or pixels. If that is the case, you should be able to open this pic in the mac's preview app which is usually the default picture program that will automatically open after you double click the picture file. Then from there, depending on the preview app version you have, you should be able to go to the top file menu at the very top of the window and choose "tools" and then pick "adjust size". In the size window is where you can specify the width, height, and resolution. to the right of that same area is a drop down box that you can change it to "pixels". Resolution is the same thing as DPI. See an example attached. It shows the pixels width and height with the DPI/resolution of 700.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

When you ask the question "will a full size Render .jpg at 3.jpg be be correct for 3.5MB with a resolutioin of 300DPI" what do you mean exactly? Do you mean will it distort or pixelate the picture?

Either way you can use the instructions I have sent you and save a copy of the size specifics you mentioned to see what would happen and if it would distort and what it will look like first in preview before you submit it to a website.

To late I already sent my entry. I hope it was right. By the time I registered for an account the time to send the picture was on deadline.

Well hopefully you can try my steps in the future if for some reason you need to submit another picture.

If I have helped in any way, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Thanks for your time.