Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I've received a message about an unrecognized charge from

Customer Question
I've received a message about...
I've received a message about an unrecognized charge from the iTunes Store. I have not been able to access the App Store for months as they do not recognize my password ***** I can't see how to get it unless I have my password. So now I have a charge for over $300 which I couldn't possibly have made. What's going on? Has my account been hacked?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No I was given a number but it isn't valid.
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: iPad mini
JA: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bought it last fall. I've tried going to settings and put in my info and a new password, but it still doesn't work and my computer keeps telling me my iCloud settings are out of whack.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know if you can help but my email has an Arabic day and date stamps which I've also tried to reset to no avail.
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 30 days ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

I beleive the message you received is fake. Can you still copy/paste the message here so i can confirm?

Mike, Mac Medic