Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It's frozen with a message that it hasn't been backed up for…

Customer Question
It's frozen with a...

It's frozen with a message that it hasn't been backed up for 2 weeks on the screen. Pressing ok does nothing, and I can't swipe it

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I'm looking - I don't have it written down anywhere and of course the screen is frozen. I think it's a 5 - definitely several years old

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was given to me as a gift. I haven't tried anything other than turning it off overnight with it plugged in and connected to wifi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Will this cost anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 8 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. On your device, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- Is this an Apple iPhone 5? or iPad tablet? Or something else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you try my step above?

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,