Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone emits a short sound of about 3 notes. The settings…

Customer Question
My iPhone emits a...

My iPhone emits a short sound of about 3 notes. The settings gives me no hint of how to find the source of the sound. Unpredictable when it will sound; no indicator of frequency. How can I turn it off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I think I have had it for nearly 3 years. I do not know how to find the place where it is identified.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has been probably 2 or 3 months

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sounds like that is a tri-tone. It is possible that one of your app is causing it and if it doesn't show notification, then it is a glitch with that app. It might be a little difficult to find the exact app causing it, but lets try some troubleshooting first.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you seethe Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.