Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just received a phone call that my system isn't working.

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a phone call that my system isn't working. The man, who clearly comes from another country, told me to put something in my browser that would fix it. I have a MAC

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Mac Book Pro. I can't tell you system without closing this window, right?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

On my iPad and iPhone. Haven't received notices on my computer, and looking for updates shows nothing when I search. Where do I find updates?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Honestly, this guy was yelling at me and said he was going to close down my Microsoft system immediately. Wouldn't connect me with a supervisor.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 8 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that call is a scam and they are not associated with Microsoft.

Did you allow them access to your computer?