Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to export a PDF from Quark. It needs to be 2…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to export a PDF from Quark. It needs to be 2 color. I keep getting CMYK

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Macbook pro

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I think this is a Quark issue, not a computer issue.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I need quark help. Is this available here? I will only do that if I am going to receive help for my Quark issue. Is this a Quark expert or a computer expert?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

This is the first time I've tried to export a Quark document as a 2-color PDF. I just need to know what I'm doing wrong. It looks like this is a computer help site, not a Quark help site. If that is the case, please just say so and refund my money. I will go elsewhere to look for help.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

How would that help me with my problem? You are not answering my question. I need a refund. This is not even related to my question.
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you.

-Go under file to export layout to pdf
-It brings up a box that allows you to name the file and decide where you want to save it to. this box has a "options" button on it. click the "options" button.
-The next box that comes up has 5 tabbed sections, you have "layout info", "hyperlinks", "job options", "output", and "opi". (in quark 7 it gives you the "colour" options tab).
-Layout info allows you to insert ownership info and stuff like that
-Hyperlinks tab lets you choose whether or not to include hyperlinks when you export the pdf.
-Job options gives you the options to embed your fonts and decide if you want to adjust compression options. i personnaly leave them all to compression:none and resolution:keep resolution
-Output is where you're going to pick your colour mode. there is a colour output type which you will probably want to change from composite to seperations. leave plates to "used process & spot". with this setting its going to create your pdf with seperate "pages" for each spot colour. if you want to have a full colour pdf with all the colours on the same page i think you need to use type:composite print colours:device N.

Please check this tutorial also.

Regards
Jins