Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPad air that never really signed on to 11 months…

Customer Question
I have an iPad...

I have an iPad air that never really signed on to 11 months now it is asking me for a password ***** I can't remember. I don't have any information on ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

11 months

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I never sign on again

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

It won't let me in at all without a password. Not sure how to try to reset

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 8 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for the Passcode, or the Apple ID Password, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page. Besides the iPad, do you also have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

It is asking for Passcode

Thank you. Here is the fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. If prompted about the passcode lock, close / cancel it for now.
  4. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  6. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon (or small circle icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,