Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

ITunes downloaded on Nov. 8, 2017 into my desktop computer &

Customer Question
ITunes downloaded on Nov...

ITunes downloaded on Nov. 8, 2017 into my desktop computer & my old iPhone 6S backed up into the iTunes unable to recognize my new 8+ or either my old 6S when I now connect the phones to iTunes in the same desktop computer.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

HP Paradise purchased about 4 months ago with 512 GB Ram & 1 TB disk etc. OS will be the latest as it updates regularly.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows also updates regularly. I have not 'specifically' done any manual updates.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Because I was unable to restore my new 8S, I called Apple Care, the first level support spent over half an hour & then transferred to Sr Tech Support who spent over an hour, shared screes with him, uninstalled the iTunes and re-installed iTunes, stopped the Security Tool for the next 30 minutes, after over 1 hour plus, he said he has to furtherresearch and left, next day worked with another Sr Tech Suppprt person who when told of all the prev day's efforts, suggested that I first do Cloud backup of 6S & restore to 8+, later n we can debug the iTunes proble,. This was last Saturday, Nov 11.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just connected to iTunes to see whether 2 days later, anything new has happened but same old stuff - iTunes not recognizing my 8plus. The reason I want the iTunes routs is that iCloud backup does not seem to have backed up any of my iTunes music (BTW, is this likely?).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether you are using new apple USB cable for connecting the New iPhone 8Plus?