Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How to retrieve the announcement of the caller on an iPhone…

Customer Question
How to retrieve the...

How to retrieve the announcement of the caller on an iPhone - it just stopped about 2 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Where do I find that information?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Went into the Settings, found the Announce Calls - and it is still on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 9 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is "Always" option set there, in Announce Calls ?

Set it to another option, restart the phone and set it back to Always. If that didn't work, then go to Settings > General >Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

This will reset some basic settings like WiFi, phone settings, call settings etc.

This will not delete anything, but after this reset, you will have to reconnect it to WiFi, enable the announcement option back, setup passcode/finger print and other basic things.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Sorry I have not replied - internet is very bad here. However, I still cannot get the “announcement of the caller” back on the phone - I have tried both your options. I have lost my messages from over a week back - there is nothing predating 12th November. What did I do to delete these messages?

Hello there, Not sure about the messages. The steps we tried will no way affect the messages or any personal data on the phone.

What model of iPhone is this ?

I have had to cancel further attempts and the apparent membership which was never agreed to
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago

Please contact the the customer support at *****@******.*** to cancel this question and refund.

Best Regards,