Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received a notice concerning a purchase that had been made…

Customer Question
I received a notice...

I received a notice concerning a purchase that had been made charged to my account. Date Nov,13,2017. Order IDMTBL7SW4Z Document NO 173157731405. Total amount was $339.98. I did not make this purchase and if fact have never purchased anything like this on I-tunes. I am told to cancel my payment, I have no idea how to do this. I am 81 years old and that should be a clue. I need help getting this cleared up.

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

I have not idea how to do this. I'm not sure how to get to my account. When I try to get somewhere with this -all I find are offers to buy something

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

It is ipad 4th generation serial number DKWKJOKVF186.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

None that I think of. I don't purchase items on iTunes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to talk with someone. Can I do this by phone?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Have you checked your bank account and are the funds actually missing?

The notification that I received said the account was rejected because you noticed significant changes in account activity. Recommended that I cancel payment.

It is possible the account was hacked and the charges are fraudulent so the first thing I suggest you do is check with your bank and see if that money was actually taken out of your account. If the money is not missing from your bank account then this is likely a spam email which is attempting to trick you into giving over your user ID and password. If the money is not missing from your bank account or showing up on any credit cards you can just delete this email. However if the money was taken from your account you need to do the following.

1. Click this link https://getsupport.apple.com/

2. Click Itunes, apple music

3. Click Itunes Store

4. Click Purchases, billing, redemption

5. Click Unrecognized charge

6. Click Talk to apple support now

If you need more help let me know. If you are finished for now you need to rate my service by clicking 3 or more of the stars above.

Chris L., Support Specialist