Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I download the latest operating system but part way through…

Customer Question
I download the latest...

I download the latest operating system but part way through the install my connection was broken now all I get is a question mark and then the computer shuts off

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Limited to updateing and using some of the programs

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just the system mentioned

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just hitting varies keys but nothing seem to work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can reinstall your Mac OS. Reinstalling OS won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS.

If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

did not work

What version of OS X are you using ?

unknown

How old is this Mac ?

no I have already spent $40 with no results

If you are talking about secure remote, then please ignore it. It is an automatic offer from this site.

How old is this Mac ?

I would like a refund as none of your answers worked

We just started working on this question. Remember, sometimes it takes a lot of back and forth communication to fix issues and you need to be patient.

If you don't want to continue, please contact or email the customer support at***@******.*** and they will do full refund. Please don't rate the answer anything, so your refund can be processed.

Best Regards,