Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to find out if my account has been hacked, No, I have…

Customer Question
I want to...

I want to find out if my account has been hacked

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I have an iPad don't know model and I am on windows

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was a gift about three years ago. And I have not tried any troubleshooting. I was called that there was a problem with my cloud information

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be the tech assisting you today.

That was a rogue call by a malicious third party not associated with Apple in any way. They cold call unsuspecting users and try to trick them into allowing them remote access and paying for their supposed services. You may just ignore these types of calls as they come; Apple will never contact you on its own unless their services are specifically requested for. Your account is just safe.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.
Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist