Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I recall message to multiple recipients like fast?

Customer Question
How do I recall...

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

What do you mean when you say "How do I recall message to multiple recipients"? Do you mean you may have sent a text message to a group of people and possibly deleted it but now you need that message back? Let me know.

No I sent an email via gmail to a bunch of media contacts and I need to recall the message quickly so it is not received or read. They weren't suppose dot be copied. Disaster.
Isn't there a recall function on gmail? Just tell me how to do it

I am sorry but unless you have already had this feature on before you sent it there is no way to do this. But I would do it now so anything in the future you wont have to worry again:

Sign into Gmail and Go to the little cog icon in the upper righthand corner and select “Settings.” About a third of the way down the page you’ll see the “Undo Send” section. You can choose between 5, 10, 20 and 30 second windows of unsendability. Make sure you hit “Save Changes” at the bottom and you’re all set.

Once the server send the message its already outbound. Thats why this function I mentioned is the only thing available for gmail and has saved me many times.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

I still don't know how to recall a message once I've set up the feature in settings.

If you already have the setting "undo send" enabled. What you do is, after you send a message, you should see a little warning text window across the top of your gmail window giving you the option to click "undo" or view". You will only see that text window for however long you set the time for it to be there. Therefore, you would click "undo" when you see this text window on your screen. Then it will take you back to the compose window to change what is needed within the email you tried to send.

See the screenshot attached on where to click after you send an email.

See a second screenshot to see where to go within your gmail settings to turn on this option.

The undo function isn't highlighted under edit. Where exactly do I find this function?
Please send a screen shot of where these icons are so i know where to find them.
Hardly intuitive. Thx

No, you do not go to the edit "undo" option. See the first screenshot. The undo is in its own area at the top by the search bar. I can show you remotely if needed just let me know.