Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Why can I not use my new master card for payment. I have all…

Customer Question
Why can I not...

Why can I not use my new master card for payment

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I have all apple products

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The payments will not accept my master r card. WHY

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Sometimes while trying to change payment or adding a new card has issues when attempting this on an apple device. Is it possible to try this on a website or itunes? If so here is what you can try instead:

On the web

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.
  6. You can also update the security on your account or other preferences from this page, but you can't remove a payment method from this page.

From your mac System Preferences

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

iTunes

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account. If prompted, enter your password *****
  4. On the Account Information page:

5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None. Get help if you don't see None or can't select it.
  7. Click Done.
  8. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

iCloud for Windows

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.

You can't use iCloud for Windows to remove a payment method.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
    Jon
    Jon, Mac Enthusiast