Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received a message saying I had suspicious activity on my…

Customer Question
I received a message...

I received a message saying I had suspicious activity on my account. I was directed to a site that wants all my info, ss#, date of birth etc. is this a legit site.

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No not yet

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I don’t think so

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None i had some problems in the past with someone sending fake messages saying I had recently purchased from iTunes which I hadnt

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be the tech assisting you today.

That's a rogue email and not sent by Apple - please do NOT provide any information to this party at all, including at the website they provided. These types of "phishing" emails are sent by malicious third parties to trick unsuspecting users into providing their personal and financial information. Your Apple account is just safe, and you simply need to ignore these types of emails as they come.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,