Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I broke my iphone screen is shattered. And i wanna sync the…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl I broke...

Hi Pearl I broke my iphone screen is shattered

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

And i wanna sync the phone with the mac to save data iphone 6 64 gb 2014 purchased

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Phone broke two days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

When i connect it gives the message itunes could not connect this iphone. the value is missing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Let's get started.

Are you able to navigate through your iPhone?

Thanx Cris
what do i do next

no the screen is shattered
can only connect to mac and it recognises the phone but doesnt sync

It means your iPhone software is out of date when you try to connect to iTunes and try to backup.

Did you backup to iCloud?

no havent backed up in icloud

Did you update the iTunes on your Mac to the latest?

just updated itunes on my mac
but how can i check to be sure

Press and hold the on/off button and home button down together to power reset the device.

Once done, connect to Mac and try to backup. Let me know the outcome.

ok will try that now
no not able to do
same message appears

Do you have another PC? Maybe windows PC you can try to backup to through iTunes.

tried again-negative
no dont have a windows pc
but if u think that is critical we can try from work after 12 hours or so
its midnight in india now

OK, I can keep this open and you try later.

The issue is your iPhone software is out of date and not able to backup through the current version of itunes on your Mac. You can try on another PC to see if it will allow you to backup.

will u be available in 12 hours or so or someone else will be?
also how to back up on pc? They dont have itunes right?

I am assigned to this question. I maybe not available at the time you try but you can message me and I will right back to you as soon as I can.

Yes, you can download iTunes for Windows.

cool
also how do i find out from my mac when the iphone was last synced

When you have your iPhone connected in iTunes it will say the last backup on the summary page.

hi cris which is the summary page
as in how do i access the summary page

The summary page is the page when you connect your iPhone and it shows the iPhone info.

It is where you would click on Backup/Restore.

but phone doesnt sync with itunes
so obviously cant view summary page

OK, well it won't show you the last sync if the summary page doesn't come up.

sp then i will connect to the pc and download itunes
then try to back up there?

That is correct.

ok keep this discussion open and i will try again after 8 to 10 hours

OK sounds good.