Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I restore backup on my phone but i have no idea what i did…

Customer Question
I restore backup on...

I restore backup on my phone but i have no idea what i did and now my wife app, her contact number and pics all on my phone. And all of my pics, contact numbers is not there. please tell me what todo

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

iphone 6 plus 11.0.3

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone 6? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I try to restore backup

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is. please tell me i can get my old pictures, contact number back to my phone

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

When you restored your phone from backup you must have accidentally restored from your wife's backup. Do you have another backup of your phone you can restore from?

No sir

Unfortunately, in that case, there is nothing you can do except restore the iPhone back to factory settings (erase everything) and start from scratch. What you can do is try logging into the iCloud account you used on your iPhone before you restored it from the backup and see if your photos are synced with your iCloud account. This will only be the case if you had iCloud photo syncing turned on on your phone before you restored it.

Have you been able to check your iCloud? You can log in to your account to see if your photos are there at http://icloud.com

Can I go to setting and choose device then iCloud backup?

You can but that will be with the new iPhone settings, so I recommend going to the website.

Do you see any of your photos there?

Still waiting. It said 3 hour remaining
Also, they only going to charge me $5 on my credit card right? Only one time payment only right?

3 Hours remaining on what? You can just visit iCloud.com on your laptop and login to see if your photos are there.

The $5 is a deposit, I'm not sure what the price of the question is as I do not handle billing, I only answer the questions that are sent to me.

Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein