Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Keep Freezing and will not let me put my password in and use…

Customer Question
Keep Freezing and will...

Keep Freezing and will not let me put my password ***** and use apps or nothing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Got it in June 2017

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2-3 months off and on the home and side to reboot it and let it cool down in the cold or not use it at all for a while

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

After reboot it will not let me put my password ***** at all and that is my only phone I have

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
this is an apple IPHONE 6
its still not working
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

If you have already tried to Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Then you would need to try and update (does not delete data) or a restore (deletes data) but both ways will reinstall the iphone's iOS which is what we hope fixes this issue. Here is what you do.

First try and back up the iphone to either the cloud or with itunes : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977

Then once you have your backup complete then you can try and update your phone which reinstall the iOS without deleting all your phone data.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. Most important step. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

If choosing "update" doesn't work then you can choose restore but this erases your data but if you were able to backup then you can always get your phone to restore from that backup you cerated after its done erasing.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .