Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I want to create a new folder on my desktop, the new…

Customer Question
When I want to...

When I want to create a new folder on my desktop, the new folder is saving eveything that is on the desktop--why is it doing this? How can I just create any a new folder without anything in it. thank you

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

I have a mac and I'm trying to create a new folder on desktop. when I try to create the new folder it copies everything that is on my desktop--it is not empty so I can't place anything new n it--not sure what is going on. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes the latest update from Mac but it was doing this before the latest update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time--just having difficulty with creating the new folder. thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Can I go ahead and remote assist into your mac? I would like for you to show me how you are creating this folder and see what could possibly be happening as that is not a normal function when trying to do this. Let me know when you are ready.

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .