Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When its plugged into an outlet the apple logo shows up for…

Customer Question
When its plugged into...

When its plugged into an outlet the apple logo shows up for about 3 seconds and then disappears and it keeps doing that repeadetly so i tried connecting it to itunes and it just keeps saying waiting for phone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Its an iphone 5s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started last night but what i just told you up there is what ive tried i also took ut to at&t but they didnt know what to do either

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

First I would try and do the following:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Then if that does not work it sounds like you will need to try and restore the phone while it is in recovery mode. Here is how:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. Most important step, please see pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.