Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been in europe for 10y Ipad. now I cant remember my…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in europe for 10y Ipad. now I cant remember my keypad number!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

10 weeks

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is about 5 years ols - I pad mini. I have tried multiple combinations - keep getting locked out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Also done the holding down both buttons bit. When I attach it to my mac, I still need the number

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
11/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

It sounds like you are speaking of the passcode on your ipad which is 4 to 6 digits. If you do not remember this code, it was a good idea to try and connect it to your computer and open itunes and see if it would unlock for you. However, since it did not work your only other option is to restore the device which will bypass the passcode but will erase your data. Here is what to do:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. Most important step. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS and may need to download a file that can take a while. Once compete just watch for the instructions on the screen. Once done, the ipad will restart and you should have no passcode.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.