Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apple ID disabled. Several times today. IPhone or ipaf. 2…

Customer Question
Apple ID disabled Technician's...

Apple ID disabled

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

Several times today

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

iPhone or ipaf

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 years ago. Tried resetting password. Tried to find how to enable Apple id

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You can usually get past the account lock out/disable by changing your apple password.

I would suggest syncing your ipad first, with itunes on your computer. This will make a backup that we will need later on in these repair steps.

Heres how https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Once you have synced the ipad, next.. We need to restore the ipad to factory default settings.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Once complete.. last of all, we just need to restore your data from a backup.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204184

That page shows you how to restore from icloud and itunes as well..

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know! And if all goes well please remember to return and click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you.

Restore the device using recovery mode and reset the password

If you've never connected your iOS device to your computer, then you may need to place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device. Unless you have an iCloud backup, you will lose all of your data using this method. If you use iCloud for backup, you can select a backup during the setup process after the restore.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
  6. Follow the prompts in Setup Assistant and proceed to "Set up your device."
  7. If you used iCloud for backup, tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
  8. Proceed to "Choose backup," then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

You can review more here:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-my-ipad-is-disabled-1994536

Let me know if you get stuck.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin