Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My remote for Apple TV won’t let me scroll. Good question.

Customer Question
My remote for Apple...

My remote for Apple TV won’t let me scroll

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Good question

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Can’t get there to do the updates

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Reset it twice

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
Hello
11/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Do you have the most recent 4th generation apple tv with the remote that has the little trackpad on it or is it the older 3rd gen apple tv and the remote is normal with no trackpad just up, down, left, right, arrows?

Also, when did the remote last work ok?

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .

I solved my problem. Thanks

OK I am just curious and if you have time, please let me know what fixed the issue for you. Don't feel like you have to but I was just curious, thanks for your time.

I was using the device incorrectly.

Oh ok no problem. We have all doe that before so no worries. Thanks for letting me know. Take care.