Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My MacBook Air will not turn on -- I'm afraid that it did…

Customer Question
My MacBook Air will...

My MacBook Air will not turn on -- I'm afraid that it did not power down yesterday and totally depleted the battery.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?

I got it in 2012

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not in the last week or 2

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Pressed the on/off button

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time (I'm not with my laptop at this time). I'm on a work computer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Have you charged it at all since trying to power it on?

it was plugged in overnight.
NO - I'm not near my laptop right now.

Is the light on the charger green or orange?

No light

The light does not light up or you do not have a light on the charger?

The light does not light up.

Do you have another charger to test with?

Sorry, I can't get the last answer you sent to work. Here's the answer to the last questionThe light on the cable does not light up.