Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just bought a new iPad set it up yesterday, worked fine.

Customer Question
Just bought a new...

Just bought a new iPad set it up yesterday, worked fine. Today it asked for a passcode. I never set one. It locked us out. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

It is an Apple iPad 32 g. Sorry I am not that versed in computers.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

We transferred the info from our old iPad. I followed the instructions on the new one.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None it won’t let us in because it is asking for a passcode. I had the option os a finger print or passcode and we didn’t want any. We are an older couple and just felt it would be easier without one.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have access to a computer there ?

Do you know your Apple ID or iCloud ID and password ***** setup on it ?