Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have not used my Nuvi 50 unit for several months. I

Customer Question
I have not used...

I have not used my Nuvi 50 unit for several months. I connected it to my computer last night and hopefully updated the map info. But all I get is the name GARMIN on the screen. It will not respond further.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

A NUVI 50 LN (I think). When used last in April (on a trip)it went blank and I have not used it since. I would like to get it to work.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. Last night I left it to update. The message said it would take 3 hours and some minutes. After that time i disconnected it. The name GARMIN shows so i think it is charged.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Sure -=- if you bake cookies send me a dozen (any type).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 2 days by:
11/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nuvi and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Nuvi.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

.