Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm using my girlfriend iPad...had mind restored yesterday…

Customer Question
I'm using my girlfriend...

I'm using my girlfriend iPad...had mind restored yesterday from best bey..and it still asking me for my Apple ID and password..I can't remember it?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

I don't remember...I'm 78 yrs old ..memory fails me

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Keeps asking me for Apple ID and password...can't get in?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to know this so I can get into my iipad

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
11/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hello are you there?
Now I'm using my friends device cause I can't get into mind

It sounds like you are unable to get in to the iPad and it is asking for Apple username and passowrd. Your Apple ID is normally your email address. Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

how are you going to get into my Minnie iPad

Please view the previous message and try that following step and you could reset the apple ID password. Once the password ***** ***** we can go ahead and resolve the iPad issue.

Sorry we can't get it corrected..I'm really worked up over this so let's just forget the whole thing..and kindly cancell this all together.

I can try alternate way for fixing this problem. You can tell me what is the exact error message you are getting while you tried resetting the password.

No right now I'm to frustrated to go on any further...we are both 78yrs old and we don't have the moxie to understand what the hell is going on....I'm doing what they ask and then it takes me to a sign on again and it says were wrong???

Is it okay if I try to reset the password ***** my end?

please cancell the whole thing including this charge they are asking for each month...Joe is only gonna screw it up again....this is about the 4th time he had to do this....and I'm not gonna keep this up

For cancellation related queries, You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

But I want to thank you for your help anyways...I have had my iPad for 6 yrs and never had a problem...but Joe ....forget it ...he does not know what he is doing half the time and locks it up..then we have to go to Best Buy and they are suppose to restore it and start anew....well he never writes things down if he does he can't find it...so I think he is going to have to go without his iPad...but Thanks again

I understand Sir and I am sorry because I couldn't help you in resolving this issue.