Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My email yesterday showed a $99 charge that I did not make.

Customer Question
My email yesterday showed...

My email yesterday showed a $99 charge that I did not make. Shown was doc # 183178405344 and #msq880k31j2, Family memb 2017, Huni Hunfjord. What now?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Windows, aol

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Called Chase to see if the charge has shown up there. They said no.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if my credit card was used, where from if possible and how to get rid of it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are so many SCAMs out there and it sounds like that email is a SCAM or phishing email. So DO NOT respond to that email or DO NOT open any links from that email. Scammers send these kind of emails to scare you and then get you to contact them and then steal your info.

Since you checked with your bank and there isn't any charge, no need to worry. That is a SCAM.

So you don't need to do anything else. You can ignore that email and delete it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

In part of your response you showed my complete visa information. If this was a scam, where did that info come from?
I am trying to get rid of an itunes fraud charge not pay more money. Are you the itunes rep?
Not sure what you meant by I showed your VISA information. This is a paid support site. We are not affiliated to Apple. We provide support to all kind of problems.The email you received claiming to be from Apple is SCAM as you don't see the charge on bank.
We're you trying to contact Apple? If so please let me know. If you came here intending to contact Apple, then I will request to cancel this question and request customer support to refund the deposit you made here.Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.Let me know

.