Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I struck a problem when running the latest upgrade on my…

Customer Question
I struck a problem...

I struck a problem when running the latest upgrade on my iphone 6S and had to restore it to its factory settings, now I'm trying to restore my backup from icloud and after putting in my login and password, it's asking me to enter my apple ID verification code which I can't get because the phone isn't set up. How the heck to do get this code??? I'm going around in circles!

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Approx

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 8 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! I am so sorry to hear about this problem. Apple does provide a method to recover your account and regain access to your trusted devices (in this case, your iPhone). You will need access to a different, internet-connected device to perform these steps:

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID, enter the code you see, then click Continue.
  3. Enter your trusted phone number, then click Continue.
  4. Choose "Don’t have access to your trusted devices or phone numbers."
  5. Choose Start Account Recovery.

After you request account recovery, you get an email with a confirmation of your request, the date and time of when you can expect to regain access, and a link to cancel account recovery. Next, wait for the recovery process to finish, which might take a few days or more.

When the process completes, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately resume use of your Apple ID.

I hope that helps! If you have any additional questions, please let me know.