Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Attempted to upgrade itunes. system will not do so. phone is…

Customer Question
Attempted to upgrade itunes...

Attempted to upgrade itunes. system will not do so. phone is stuck in image of itunes logo with plug in jack

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

iphone 6s

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Attempted to. had same problem. took it to the apple store. they were able to get it going again. i believe they updated it.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turning it off. holding the home button down while plugging it in.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in your iTunes or in iCloud? The reason why I am asking is your iphone looks like it may be in DFU mode is different than recovery mode. DFU is an even deep-level boot mode, no OS or any visual thing is loaded, so your device's screen will be black. It's not easy to guess whether it is in DFU mode or is it turned off. But don't worry. Just follow the steps I provided below and iTunes would do the rest

1) Connect your iPhone to your computer.
2) Turn iPhone off.
3) Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
4) Release power but keep holding home until iTunes detect your iPhone
5) Once iTunes detected your phone, it will display the following alert:
"iTunes has detected a phone in recovery or DFU mode and it needs to be restored."
6) Now, just click OK and restore your phone.

NOTE: Restoring the iPhone will cause data loss. If you have backup you can restore those data.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you