Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is in activation lock; i don't know how to remove…

Customer Question
My ipad is in...

My ipad is in activation lock; i don't know how to remove the activation lock.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Running on the most recent os

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don't know how to troubleshoot; it keeps asking me to use the icloud username aswell as the cloud password ***** i cannot remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Before you connect me i would like you to explain what is a mac expert?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
11/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 9 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! There are two ways to get around an activation lock on your Apple device: sign into the device with the original Apple ID/password ***** to initially activate it, or provide Apple with your proof of purchase in order that they can remove the lock.

The former is an easier route -- you can visit iforgot.apple.com, then:

1. When you're asked to enter your Apple ID, click Forgot Apple ID.
  2. Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once your account information has been reset, you can sign into your iPad using your Apple ID and new password, and the activation lock will have been removed.

Barring that, you will need to make an appointment at one of Apple's Genius Bars so that Apple can remove the activation lock for you. They will require your proof of purchase.

If you can't find your Apple ID or reset your password, and don't have a proof of purchase for your iPad, you'll lose access to your account and might be unable to use or reactivate your device.

I hope this information helps guide you in the right direction! If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

I am disappointed that you took so long to reply to my problem. I was very unhappy and wish to cancel and no longer to continue to do business with you or your company. Please refund my money to me.