Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have tried to update my firefox and it did not work. Then…

Customer Question
I have tried to...

I have tried to update my firefox and it did not work. Then I tried to download firefox from Safari and it didn't work. Now I cannot open firefox at all. I did have firefox 3 but now I have nothing. When I tried to download firefox from my Safari I got a black box that said it was firefox but it didn't open and it would not shut down when I asked it to!

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

IMac

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I tried to install the later version but it didn't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know. I don't know a lot about computers

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
11/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 9 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix this problem ?

Please try opening Firefox in safe mode :-

You can start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.

Let me know if you are getting any specific error message while opening it.